Law Castle (Ayrshire) 1904 and today
Law Castle is situated above the town of West Kilbride in Ayrshire. Built about 1468 it consists of a tall, oblong, tower house of 4 storeys with a parapet projecting on continuous corbelling; the latter being a common feature in west coast sites.
The castle was roofless until the late 1980s when it was fully renovated by the Phillips family as their home. Its latest guise, however, is that of a luxurious holiday rental available for parties and weddings. Once again a castle, restored from ruin, has been able to pay its way.