Castle of Park 1910 with twin pavillions
Castle of Park during SCA visit April 2013
A 16th century L-plan tower of 4 storeys and a garret to which wings were added to in the 18th century converting the tower into a country house. According to an inscribed panel over the doorway the castle was built by Thomas Hay of Park in 1590.
The castle grounds had been laid out in parks or gardens. In the early 20th century the castle was abandoned and the flanking wings demolished (much to its betterment).
The tower was rescued by the then Ministry of Works (now Historic Scotland) and leased to the Landmark Trust who use it as a holiday home.