Wormiston House is a 17th century tower house, which has been greatly extended, although these extensions were demolished in 1988 during re-building.
It was a property of the Spence family of Wormiston, Constables of Crail. They supported Mary, Queen of Scots, during the 1570s. In 1612 Wormiston passed to the Balfours, who probably built most of the existing castle, but in 1621 it was acquired by the Lindsays. The house was rebuilt in the 1980's, and is occupied.
Source: The Castles of Scotland Third Edition by Martin Coventry