Strathendry Castle is a rectangular keep of three storeys and an attic with a projecting round stair tower. A corbelled-out parapet, with open rounds at each end, crowns one side. Many windows have been enlarged, and others have been sealed.
In the courtyard is a round well, and 19th century ranges of buildings.
The original entrance is in the foot of the stair-tower, but there is also a later doorway. The basement has been vaulted and contained the kitchen with a wide fireplace. The first and second floors have two chambers, each with moulded
It was a property of the Strathendry family till it passed by marriage to the Forresters of Carden and Skipinch in 1496. It was visited by Mary, Queen of Scots, then in the1650's by Cromwell. Strathendry passed by marriage to the Douglases of
Kirkness around 1700, then to the Clephanes of Carslogie in 1882. It was altered and extended by William Burn in 1824, and David Bryce in 1845. It is the home of the MacIver Society.
The young Adam Smith, later Author of "The Wealth of Nations" was kidnapped from here by a party of gypsies.